WaveNation

4.05.2007

Do The Dice-K

A new era in Red Sox baseball is upon us. Daisuke Matsuzaka made his first start today for the Sox, and it was quite the impressive showing. Dice went 7 strong giving up a run on 6 hits, striking out 10 and for those who were concerned about his wildness towards the end of spring training, walking only one. I don't care that it was the Kansas City Royals, the guy cruised today. It was an encouraging sign, very exciting, and quite frankly I'm excited. In no time, perhaps it's even here now, the excitement that accompanied a Pedro Martinez start when he was in town, will come with every Matsuzaka start. When the Dice Man pitches, I find myself feeling the same feeling that I did when Pedro pitched. When the Sox are up, I want them to get 3 or 4 early runs, and then every other time they get up, I almost hope they go in order just so I can see Daisuke pitch. It sounds worse than it is, trust me. But it seems like every time he pitches, 3 runs will be enough. Am I getting too excited too soon? You bet your ass I am. But who can blame me? I'm excited!

Moving on to other sports related topics...
Anyone else hate Joakim Noah? I can't stand the guy. All you had to do was watch the press conference before the National Championship, the game in which Florida took out Ohio State and the absolutely stupid postgame interview. Everyone raves about the guy within the media, but I can barely stomach the guy. Everything out of his mouth just stops you in your tracks with absolute puzzlement and while he does play the game hard, is there a need to pound your chest when you score your first basket with 12 minutes left in the second half of an NCAA tournament game? I really don't think so...What do you guys think?
In somewhate related news, Billy Donovan is staying at Florida to try to win his third national championship in as many years. College coaches take note. Kentucky would have given him the world, but Donovan turned down the rich tradition at UK to presumably make his own rich tradition at Florida. Your thoughts, Nick Saban?
As Dave highlighted in his great column the other day, the Masters is upon us. Is it even worth me making a pick? I'm going with that Woods guy, on a hunch of course.
Anyone know what's going on in the NBA? Let me know if you do, this guy isn't watching.

That's all I can think of for now. I had more, but I forgot what I was going to talk about. I'll be back soon enough, hopefully. Take it easy kids.
-MC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home