WaveNation

4.11.2007

Why the Fed Ex Cup is the Greatest Thing You Have Never Heard Of

AND OTHER STUFF
Golf fans, rejoice. After a pretty sweet 2007 Masters, in which sister-loving Gladiator bad guy Zach Johnson surprisingly captured the title like Jeff Ogilvy did at the US Open last summer, we have only a month until the Players Championship at Sawgrass. Thanks to the Fed-Ex Cup schedule, there is one major like event each. May will be the Players, which always entertains and is the site of some of the most unbelievable performances I have seen, like Davis Love’s 64 in the final round in 2003 and Tiger’s “Better than Most” triple breaking putt in 17 in 2001. Of course 17 is always a story in itself, the ultimate challenge of nerves and the cheapest way to get yourself a dozen pro-v1s (if you have scuba gear that is). Anyway after a great Masters I am excited to see the Players in a few weeks, and I think the Tour got something right with the new system.

I also have to put a little something about the Red Sox. While Mike is clearly the baseball expert of the two of us, since I don’t play a varsity sport I have had the pleasure to watch all the games thus far. I wanted to apologize for bashing Drew. I’ll lay off the guy until his average drops to .260 and he is still making 14 million bones. It’s still only April and Trot is hitting .357 too, but for a third of the price.
I still love Dice-K, even after the loss (Seriously though how good is Felix and what is his ceiling?). Daisuke didn’t have his best stuff, it was pretty obvious in the first inning, but he managed to battle through 7 innings only giving up three runs. Sore kudasai, I will take it.
I love the Japanese Dunkin Donuts sign in center, but as a typical American I have to ask, Dice-K, Anata wa eigo o hanashimasu ka? Do you speak English?
Enough of the Japanese phrases, enjoy Thursday everybody.

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home