WaveNation

11.11.2006

A few quick happenings around BC in the last couple days….
Women’s ice hockey won their 4th game in a row, good job ladies, look for my story Monday in The Heights.
The men’s team routed UNH last night in front of a surprisingly sparse crowd. Kinda weak with the ticket distribution, because the student section was packed while the stands weren’t, so I think they should add more student tickets. I saw a listing on EBAY where a BC kid was selling a full season package for $700, (they only cost $96). Had to be a kid in the business school with no soul. I figured that if you are paying 45 grand to come here, and one of the major draws to this school is it’s athletics, what is an extra $600 in your pocket compare to the seeing the games. The extra $600 is a band-aid on to knife wound tuition. If you don’t want the tickets, don’t sign up, let them go to somebody who really wants them and give a break to your BC brethren. I guess I shouldn’t be holding my breath for people to do the right thing, I’ll be dead shortly. All this might sound like its coming from an angry kid that didn’t get tickets, but actually I was one of the 3 kids to get a full season (go figure), but these are some of the G-rated responses people have when they find out I have full season.
BC Football has to step it up for the big football game tonight against Duke… oops that was last week, against Wake. That statement could also describes BC basketball a year ago. My buddy Ross is coming down from Bentley, should be fun.
Oh and a little shout out to Greenfield High FH team, good job winning WMass.
That’s all I got for you folks today, stay but don’t touch that dial I’ll be back after a quick commercial break.

The nasty man,

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home