WaveNation

4.26.2007

Schillings’s sock and some other notes

I can’t believe the validity of Schill’s sock is now coming into question. I truly believe it was blood, and if I were to find out it was paint it would rock the foundation my life is built upon. Schill’s sock, like the 502-foot Ted Williams seat, are things which you subscribe to as a fan. I refuse to make any other claim.

I made my second visit of the year to Fenway on Tuesday, they game when they got rocked by the Bluejays 10-3. Tek’s bat looks really slow from the left side, I am starting to wonder if Mirabelli should play more (just maybe give Tek an extra day here and there) or if he should stay on the right side.

BC Women’s Hockey head coach Tom Mutch resigned two days ago as the university investigates the possibility of sexual misconduct with his players through the recovery of some provocative text messages. I had the opportunity to meet Tom 4-5 times over the winter when I was covering women’s hockey. He was well liked by all his players and gave a lot of positive insights into his team. He turned around a dying program with great recruiting and coaching, and I am shocked by his resignation and I hope it was just a misconception. I am not ready to jump to conclusions, however I find it interesting that he resigned before the leak came out. I wish him, his wife, and their 6 month old daughter the best in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home