WaveNation

11.14.2006

Matsuzaka Mania



I awake this morning, with my bowl of Strawberry Mini-Wheats (garbage by the way), to see that the Red Sox are going to be the top bidder to talk to Japanese pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka. The Reports on Matsuzaka is that he's just nasty. The guy went 17-5 with a 2.13 ERA last year in Japan with the Seibu Lions. He was also the tournament MVP of the World Baseball Classic this past spring. And he also threw a 17-inning game in high school which is irrelevant besides the fact that it's cool. To be honest, I don't know about this guy. There's been a few guys who come over from wherever and suck (see Hideki Irabu and just about anyone from Cuba). I'll buy into it for now I guess, because the Red Sox sure as hell going to buy in. $40 mil to just talk to the guy, and then probably another $40 mil to sign him. So it's either going to be a pitching murderer's row with the likes of Schilling, Beckett, Papelbon, and Matsuzaka, or you know, the biggest financial flop in the history of baseball. Sweet.
In the ho-hum department, Bob Knight slapped one of his players in the face last night. Kind of. More of a strong pat on the chin to get his attention. You'll hear more in the coming days on this. But if you catch the video, check out the kid sitting on the bench trying to stretch it out or something like he just took a hook from Jim Braddock.
That's all I have, condolences to Dave who had the UVM Catamounts come in and spank his Eagles last night on Chestnut Hill. Long day today, I'll check in soon. Thanks for checking us out guys, 72 views at last check. -MC

1 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't this Dice-K will be a flop. I checked out some YouTube video of him, and the gyroball is just flat out nasty. Along with that he can throw 95. So I'm sure he won't suck out too bad....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home