WaveNation

12.02.2006

Fly Like an Eagle




First of all, I would like to say I’m sorry. A part of me still always feels as though I should have gone to the Zoo. I wore the UMass sweatshirt that I stole out of my dad’s closet from the time I was 14 until senior year, when I started applying for colleges, when some amazing options opened up for me, and I decided upon Chestnut Hill. I never felt the need to justify BC until today.
I remember where I was when UMass played Kentucky, lying on the couch, wearing the Final Four shirt I had just purchased at the airport. I remember being ecstatic opening up a pack of Topps and got a Lou Roe Detroit Pistons rookie card. I remember last year going to the Jack Leaman Court dedication.
But now I am an Eagle, and bleed maroon and gold. I worship Flutie, and Troy Bell. Tonight I will be wearing the Superfan shirt, and cheering on BC from Newton. My parents will be at the game, hopefully donning BC gear, and many of my high school friends will be there, wearing maroon and white and cheering on the Minutemen.
If the Eagles loose, I will hear about it for quite some time, but I don’t think I will. It will be a good game, tight throughtout, but if Jared Dudley comes to play, which he usually does, and Sean Williams is in the right state of mind, the Eagles will be tough to beat, even away. Eagles win, 70-60.

A random note:
The 7th ranked men’s hockey team has a home and home with BU this weekend. Huge deal right? Alums come back for these games from all over. Last night the game was in Chestnut Hill, but the warm temperatures and the lack of adequate air conditioning caused Conte Forum to be about 65 degrees inside, and as steam rose up off the ice all through the first 10 minutes, the refs called the game due to fog.. Simply and utterly ridiculous, the Agganis crowd will kill them tonight down at BU, tough game to win for the Eagles.

Big day folks, I will update you later, and look for a Commonwealth Classic game story Monday in The Heights.

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home