WaveNation

11.16.2006

Hoosiers!!!!!

Hello all 73 viewers, just a couple of thoughts, and some pigskin picks for Saturday as I sit here watching the backyard brawl.
But a lil shout out first…
Congrats to the Hoosiers intramural basketball team for overcoming adversity and injuries to take home the championship and the goods. You want to know what the goods were? No? Well I’m going to tell you anyway.
1. A unisex, multi-sport Boston College intramural champions t-shirt, which has an angry picture of Baldwin with a laurel crown around it, classy. (Just a note, that Baldwin got his name from the synthesis of “bald eagles who are going to win.” I never got the “win” part, yes I did get into BC.)
2. A beer mug with the same picture and the intramural champs inscription. Way to go BC for promoting alcohol for minors, but it really is a sweet mug, but then again in my house I can remember drinking many a glass of milk out of a mug which said, “Stonehill College Junior Weekend: Class of 1980.” Its still in the cupboard today, so I guess these things are cool relics for your kids, weird.
3. A genuine pair of Champion socks, but they are really soft Champion socks trust me, just great, I guess Christmas came early this year.
4. The satisfaction that champions get, which no one can take away (until winter term), I’m just grasping at straws now, but seriously good job Alex, Pat, Sean, Brennan, Eric, Andy, Paul, and that other kid (oops).

Now to the picks

12:00 PM – Maryland at BC. BC, c’mon who did you think I would pick.
7:00 PM – Virginia Tech at Wake Forest. Wake, at least I am praying.
8:00 PM – Cal at SC. Cal, not with the points (+6, for those who care) but outright.
Those are all the big games this week, right? What? Apparently the entire lower-Canadian section of the United States (that’s right) just threw up all over their Desmond Howard and Archie Griffin XXL jerseys.
Ok I’ll take a crack at it.

Michigan over Ohio State, 27-24, I just got a feeling, a feeling deep inside, oh yeah (courtesy of The Who).

Peace out Girl Scout,

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home