WaveNation

11.29.2006

Manny Being Missed? Maybe




Well, well, well...it seems that Manny Ramirez is on his way out of town. I've wrestled with this for the last few days as opposed to wrestling with any schoolwork of any kind, and I've come to this conclusion: I have no conclusion. I know that might seem a little weak for something like a sports blog that should be centered around opinion, but back off. It's such a dilemma. I'll be the first to admit that I do not buy at all that Manny was legimately hurt down the stretch last year. He quit on his team, simple as that. And it wasn't the first time. Manny apologists would say this and other shenanigans are "Manny being Manny." That's a load, and if you think otherwise you're naieve. On the topic of being naieve, I would be that if I didn't realize that Manny puts up 30 home runs and 100 RBI in his sleep. Truth is, the clubhouse will be better off without the guy, as there have been rumors that certain teammates of Man-Ram went off the record to complain about his nonsense to reporters. But the line-up will obviously be hindered a lot, and there is no chance in hell that JD Drew will be a suitable replacement in the line-up for Big Papi. I'm sick of Manny's crap, but unless a deal too good to be true comes through, I guess I'll need to cowboy up and deal with it for yet another long summer.

Anyone catch Monday Night Football this week? My Packers blew another one, but that's not what I'm here to talk about. I must say, I absolutely love the MNF broadcast combo of Mike Tirico, Tony Kornheiser and Joe Theismann. The Raiders could be playing the Temple Owls for Christ's sake and I'd still watch. The banter between Kornheiser and "Mr. Know It All" Theismann, is priceless. Kornheiser makes a point pretty much irrelevant to the game, Theismann tries to sound smart, and then Kornheiser interrupts Theismann for another irrelevant point. This in turn, pisses off Theismann and then there's that awkward silence until Tirico chimes in with a random stat. Gets me every time. Throw in Jimmy Kimmel, like ESPN did for a solid, albeit too short, five minutes and you have comedic gold. The look on Theismann's face when Kimmel asked him how his leg, which of course was famously broken by Lawrence Taylor in a MNF game that ended Theismann's career, was something you can't describe. The two went back and forth for the rest of the piece with Kornheiser egging them on. And Theismann even got one more jab in when Kimmel was leaving basically calling Kimmel a dick for bringing up the "bad break." Fantastic stuff, people.

One last thing: Tony Romo comes off the bench for the goddamn Cowboys, becomes a star, and now is involved in a romantic fling with Jessica Simpson? Screw you, guy.

My time is done kids. Thanks for your time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home