WaveNation

11.17.2006

Early Morning Madness




Well, it's like 1:00 a.m. and I just got my creative juices flowing to cap off a 1700 word article on SC alum and GHS's own Coach Kuchieski. They're still going strong, as I just thought up an idea. I call it Mike's Billboard Top 10 Sports Stories. I'll take the Top 10 singles according to Billboard and relate them to a sports stories. Fun, isn't it? Stay tuned for how often you'll see this. Without any further ado, here it is, from 10 to 1.

10. Justin Timberlake- SexyBack
For this one, I'm thinking the subject of my post the other day, Mr. Emmitt Smith. The NFL rushing king, just nabbed the Dancing With Stars final. The sexy bit comes from that great outfit he was wearing. (Think Ahmed Johnson, wrasslin' fans) Congrats Emmitt.
9. Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars
Quick note, I've never heard this song. Anyone, for this one I'll go with Jimmie Johnson. Johnson, barring a wreck and a miracle for someone else in the Nextel Cup race, will win the Chase for the Cup.
8. Jay-Z-Show Me What You Got
Great song. Simple one. This song goes out to Daisuke Matsuzaka who is right now embarking upon a journey to become the most anticipated arrival in Boston since Tim Dunc- er, scratch that, thanks to those damn ping-pong balls. Thing is, if "D-Mat" flops, the Sox are in the hole $100 mil probably, which is not fun. Remember what happens when Bostonians get mad at something they're overpaying for? That's right, they throw it off a ship into the Hah-bah. So Dice-K, show me what you got. For your own sake.
7. The Fray-How To Save a Life
This one's for the powers that be in college football. God help you if someone gets blown out in the OSU-Michigan game Saturday. How do you decide who plays in the National Championship when you have 4 or 5 teams with one loss from BCS conferences? We need a tournament, that would save your lives, not the computers.
6. Ludacris feat. Pharrell- Money Maker
This is for any baseball free agent this winter. Kids are going to get paid. Big time. I mean cmon, JD Drew for 4 years and 56 million? Nutty.
5. Hinder- Lips of An Angel
Um...great song, real tough for this post. However, red-hot racer Danica Patrick has kinda nice lips. Right? I know from experience, dude...
4. Beyonce-Irreplaceable
Well I'm not sure who this belongs to, but I sure know who the hell it doesn't belong to. That's right, the next big thing in basketball analysts...Doc Rivers!!!
3.Fergie- Fergalicious
Yeh, you try that one.
2. Akon feat. Eminem- Smack That
You should know where I'm going with this one. This one writes itself. It's Texas Tech mens basketball coach Bobby Knight. Dude "slapped" one of his players the other night to get the kid's attention. For this list's sake, we'll say he smacked him.
1. Justin Timberlake-My Love
Anyone else thing they were listening to a girl first time they heard this? My Love is going out to my boy Brett Favre. Here's to you pulling one out against the Pats this Sunday on the Frozen Tundra, buddy.

You guys have been great, I need sleep. Busy weekend. Put your money on the SC Pride over Curry College this weekend though on Alden Street. Night kid-o's.
-MC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home