WaveNation

5.06.2007

Say it ain't so Roger (again)


It looks like Mr. Brady won’t be the only one donning a Yankee cap. Roger Clemens signed with the Yanks today and will soon become the 423rd pitcher to start this season for Joe Torre. Here at the ‘Nation we are disappointed that he didn’t sign with the Sox.
I don’t see Clemens making enough of an impact to right the Yankee ship, I think there starting rotation is too depleted for one man to save and I don’t think Roger will be ready to make 8 inning starts anytime soon to help the bullpen.
I do think he will help moral, as noted by the huge ovation he received in the Bronx today and the empowered looks on the faces of the players in the dugout. But I don’t think it will be enough for the Yanks to win the division yet again. (at least I hope)

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home